Friday, December 14, 2012

THE SHIELD

I'm a huge fan of the new faction in the WWE called, "The Shield". A group consisting of members, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. I love this group as a whole but I also like each man individually.

Let's start with Roman Reigns. I feel like he doesn't say much so he's almost like the silent enforcer. A tall enforcer with killer looks! I mean, come on ladies, he is gorgeous! ;) Alrighty...back to the important things. Roman is the largest man in the group and can handle the larger opponents. Also, it may be unknown to some of you that he actually has wrestling in his family. His father is Sika of the "Wild Samoans" and the brother of former WWE Wrestler, Rosey. So...the man has wrestling in his blood.

Seth Rollins is probably known by some for his time in Ring of Honor. He has been wrestling since 2005 and on a side note, I can't help but think of CM Punk when I see him. They look like they could be brothers. I swear, when I watch Rollins wrestle, I wonder if it's really CM Punk. Their movements and style are quite similar and they have the same body type. Just watch this video on YouTube. Not that anyone really watches NXT anymore but Rollins was the inaugural NXT Champion, defeating Jinder Mahal.

Last but not least, we have Dean Ambrose. He's like the "mouthpiece" of The Shield. He does most of the talking in their promos and to be honest, I think he's pretty dang good at it. To me, Ambrose is a bit scary. The looks he gives makes him seem unstable and I love it! That is the kind of feeling you should have when you are dealing with a heel character. Ever since I first saw him as part of The Shield, all I could think was "old ECW". You know, when ECW was "E"CW. He just has that dangerous look and feel about him.

Photo Credit: wwe.com
All of these guys are in their mid-20s so I feel they have a long future, if the WWE doesn't "eff" up The Shield like they did "The Nexus". What are your thoughts on The Shield?

-Fefe

2 comments:

  1. The Shield certainly look like the future of WWE Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins are outstanding wrestlers and Roman Reigns looks like with some work on mic skills he could be a big star also, and the fact that WWE has allowed them to beat down there biggest stars and also interact with HOF Ric Flair and future HOF Mick Foley shows just how much faith in them.I can't wait to see who is behind The Shield and I actually don't think WWE have decided yet who will be behind it but I suspect it will be a huge shock when it does happen a bit like the whole greater power storyline from the attitude era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. Reigns could use a little more mic work but other than that, they are all really good. Dean on the mic is awesome!

      Delete